Sunday, 22 February 2009

A bit of news . . . . .

I didn't make it to Le Touquet. The Pan hasn't hardly progressed at all since I last posted (well, I have done something, more of that later) and I didn't find anyone else who was up for a winter bike ride of 6-ish hours each way! It didn't help that I couldn't find an available hotel room, even a month before and so it was looking like camping was going to be only option!

I did, however, manage to watch the race on MotorsTV. Hurray for satellite TV! For those who have followed this race, or even entered it, there's no denying that without the dunes it isn't quite the same. Natures hills seem more challenging that 'JCB hills'. Not quite the same calibre but the new plan is to definitely get to Weston-Super-Mare beach race sometime in October, I think.

So what did I actually do to the bike? The two-piece front mudguard has a mounting bracket that also supports part of the ABS braking system. This bracket is exposed to the worst that the roads can throw at it and consequently was in a right state, not to mention one of the bolts had sheared-off. I got the wire brush (and drill) onto it and cleaned it back to bare metal, drilled out the sheared bolt, re-cut the threads and spray painted the whole item with a (German make) Hammerite kind of paint, only better!

The weather has shown signs of improving and so I've promised myself that I will start to focus more time on the Pan. As this will be my last summer of Euro-touring I need to get the bike back on the road and make the most of it!!

During my last post I mentioned the two interviews that were lined up. Well both went well and I have been offered both jobs! One of them is a far better prospect than the other but it's nice to have choices. There's still another company out there that would be the number one choice but it is proving more difficult that the other two to get a job offer from. Stubborn, persistent, determined? I don't know but I haven't given up on that job/company yet!! Watch this space.

I reckon this blog is starting to look a bit drab; too much text. I will endevour to get some relevant pictures, probably of the Pan although I might wait until it's back together and looking better.

Good TV to watch; Ross Kemp in Afghanistan, Billy Connolly Journey to the Edge of the World, Tour of Califonia (Cycling on British Eurosport). Looking forward to Extreme Loggers!!

Ciao for now!

No comments: