Monday, 2 March 2009
Quick trip back to the UK.
I had a farewell dinner to attend in Leicestershire last weekend. As the dinner was on the Friday evening I took advantage and went to the Emigrate Show held at Sandown Park (Exhibition Centre at the racecourse) on the Saturday morning. Being the tight Yorkshire git that I am, getting the ticket for free (thank you Kirsty at Bourne's Removals) made the decision a no-brainer.
This was the first Emigrate Show that I have attended. When speaking with someone who has been before they stated that it was about half the size of the last time they went. Personally, I found the show to be good; I got all of the main information I was looking for, not to mention a potentially (financially) rewarding lead which I'll report back on if it comes to fruition. I spent three busy hours inside. If I had the whole day available I'm quite sure that I would have had more than enough to keep me interested, maybe enough for the Sunday also!
As it was, I was giving a lift to another couple of people who had just about slept-off their hangovers by the time my three hours inside was finished. Thanks to Jasper & Kev for being so patient (while snoring & dribbling in the car). A quick trip to Dover saw us just manage to get an earlier ferry than the one I had actually booked, therefore we all got home about 0200hrs, knackered! The ferry was my chance to catch-up with some sleep . . . . . . . but the Six Nations rugby was on TV so I only managed a 'wee snooze'.
Whilst back in Blighty, I did notice the effects of the current difficult economic climate and the weak £ (GBP). I already had a shopping list for 'er indoors and also managed a quick bit of extra shopping once I saw the amount of bargains and sales. Good job I went back in the estate (car) as the boot was fairly full!
Progress on the bike has been limited to a quite a few thin coats of paint on the front fender support bracket. This is an item that is totally out of sight once fitted but is also totally exposed to whatever road grime is thrown up by the front wheel. The high quality paint job is more about protection than looks; that particular item will still be in good nick when the rest of the bike has fell to bits!!
Well, I'm back to UK again for a long weekend soon as I am doing a locksmiths course. My only issue now is whether to travel on Friday 13th or not! I'm not exactly superstitious but nor do I feel the need to test any of these main superstitions. Think about it; 730 miles and a ferry crossing?? This probably isn't the journey to make on this particular date.
I probably won't get to update here until after my course but by then I should hopefully be able to tell you all about my new found (lock picking) skills!
BTW, I've added a couple of links to useful currency websites. Interetsing to see exactly what is happening with GBP £ & CAN $. :-(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment